Thursday, September 29, 2011

A perfect picture



The entire picture of me in that flower-meadow,- it seems so perfect.
Many of us have this place within our soul, a state of mind where good memories have been collected. 
A place to run when we feel tired. This memory means a lot to me. Because at that very moment I was out there behind all those flowers, my mind and heart were both in a free and pure condition.


As a child growing up in a small community, just imagine; I had a lot of spare time. My family used to take me to trips in the forest, shopping, visiting people,- everything that could make me happy. I had a lot of fun on my own too. I could sit for hours collecting beautiful stones in different shapes, building houses in the trees of our garden, taking care of my sister, drawing, reading a lot.

Then I attended school. We were about five children in my class, and I was the only girl. My choice was; either to play all by myself in the playground or joining the boys in their daily football-matches. I had to join them. I hated football, but playing outside was way better than playing on my own.

At my spare time I found a lot of joy in reading. My family and my grandmother had so many books.
I read through a lot of them. I was kinda running away from what I could not stand; being imprisoned by this small town, the people there seemed so different than me. They seemed happily satisfied with their little lives, so obsessed with small matters. They almost seemed narrow minded to me; at that time.


Then I started to see the older girls. My best friend owned a white arabic horse.
At that point that was the best thing that could have happened to me. She wanted me to join her adventures in the mountains. I was so happy, but the boredom of living in a small community made me depressed.

A lot of things happened that made me wanna run away. 
When I became a teenager I could not take it anymore. The small town, the people.. My life needed to be lived. My family needed a change too, and decided to move to a bigger town.



To be continued in shaa´Allah !



No comments: